I’ve been creating a lot of covers lately. This one is for a supernatural short story. It came together pretty easily, for once. I grabbed elements from three different photos and they fit together really nicely. Lately I’ve been struggling with what I envision and what I’m able to create, but this one came easy. It’s not perfect, there are remnants of another photo within the lighthouse image, but I’m not expert enough with Photoshop to cut the remnants out without spending a lot of arduous, frustrating time doing so.
The story itself still needs to be edited, but I’m going to let it sit for a bit before I start. I wrote this in about a week, I think. Maybe 10 days. I changed what it was about a few times and cut a dream sequence that is no longer needed. I’m satisfied with it for the most part, but the ending doesn’t seem quite right. I need some time to think about it.